Monday 2 July 2012

Rain

Rain

The rain against my window beats
but I shall not be broken
for since I found out who I am
my spirit has awoken
there's nothing now can hold me back
for I am in control
my happiness is up to me
I own my very soul.
I have no deity to fear
nor hellish fire to flee
for I am part of everything
and all is part of me.
I now accept that everything
has bad and good together
and how you see it's up to you
just like this English weather
So when the rain is falling hard
I will not be downcast
I know the sun will shine again
when this wet weather's passed
and in the meantime I'll just think
on all the good it's doing
replenishing our aquifers
and saving us from ruin
for without water we won't be here
life would not exist
and I would not be writing this
- think what you might have missed ;0)

1 comment: